Riding on a bike is one of the greatest experiences that you can even have in your lifetime. It somehow makes you feel rebellious, adventurous, thrilled, and free. All because of the atmosphere that you experience. The open air, the great company of other riders, and the places you easily have access to. But all this comes to an end when you get yourself or another person injured in a motorcycle accident.
Highway to Danger
People would say that accidents happen and is just a way of life when you are on the road. As long as you have your motorcycle apparel and motorcycle tires insured and latched up then you are good to go. This is true for some riders. They feel very little recourse. Sadly, this does not make up for the fact that after your accident, you would somehow feel a bit morose about what happened and indeed you would need more than just the physical healing. For others, these accidents may be a bit more traumatic. Also, it is not too late to look into the claims one can gather when faced or involved in a motorcycle accident.
What You Should Know
Accidents happen everyday, more frequently than not they occur in the United States. Here is some information you may want to take a look into.
1. Collision with another vehicle is the number one cause of the accident. A whopping 75% of motorcycle accidents are in this category just because other drivers do not see motorists on the road or recognize motorcycle apparel.
2. Motorcycle errors are also quite common. Samples of these are over braking or motorcycle tires which cause slide outs. These can easily be worked through but some people are not aware of the proper ways to do it.
3. The number one behavior that is studied to be the cause of these motorcycle accidents is when a driver makes a left had turn against a motorcycle that is driving straight.
4. 2 percent of the accidents that happen with motorcycles involve the weather.
5. 29 MPH is the speed that counts for most motorcycle accidents. Although this speed is still safe, still some drivers cannot manage this type of speed.
6. Alcohol, like in most cases, is causing half of these accidents on the road. Being under the influence of alcohol clearly gives you less control of your actions on your motorcycle. Even if you are complete with safety motorcycle apparel or have the best motorcycle tires, you still will have problems with your consciousness or the lack of ability to counter steer, break appropriately or avoid collision. It’s never a good idea to drink under the influence of intoxicated substances.
7. When large displacement motorcycles are on the road, the damage they can cause other vehicles much damage. Although they are quite underrepresented on the data that comes out, they are present.
8. A very critical motorcycle apparel that helps save lives yearly, is the motorcycle helmet.
9. Once a driver wears a helmet, it shows that he is less prone to be injured at the head, neck or spine.
These statistics show that it is indeed inevitable to have these accidents. Motorcycles are really dangerous and there is only so much that we can do to avoid them. If there is really a need to drive your motorcycle, drive it safely.